9) The Easter bunny managed to find 9 things for Cameron's Easter basket this year. I was worried about what he would come up with, since Easter seems to be very candy-focused, and my little monster can't eat candy yet. (Though let me just say that I will be talking to the Easter bunny about the amounts of candy provided in future Easter baskets too... I don't want him to be cracked out on sugar all the time...) When we woke up Easter morning, Cameron had 2 things of puffs, a new bib, one of those "leash" things for your sippy cup, an outfit, complete with a polo, overalls, and a hat, a new little toy, and a book. Bella, on the other hand, only got a bag of treats. But let me say, there were more than 9 treats in that bag!
8) Cameron has 8 teeth! 8!! A lot of babies his age don't even have half as many teeth, but my little monster is ready to chow down on a steak, apparently!
It's hard to get a picture of those teeth, because he usually has something in his mouth... like this.
7) This is the number of different foods Cameron eats in a day- that's 2 at breakfast, 2 at lunch, 2 at dinner, and a snack! He's a big fan of veggies and fruits. Yogurt and cereal are staples too. Recently he's taken to Cheerios. At first I was afraid we were giving him too many Cheerios and he was getting a head-start on the processed food addiction. But when I lift him out of his chair at the end of the meal/snack, there are always at least 75% of the Cheerios sitting in his chair. So for now, they are good practice, but most of them aren't hitting their target!
6) Six is the number of cupcakes the C-Monster got me for my birthday! I didn't really want any presents- I wanted a family day! So Ryan took the day off, we all got up early to watch the Royal wedding, Ryan brought me breakfast in bed, and we spent the day doing things as a family. For dinner, I just wanted crab legs (I would have preferred to have gone to the beach to get them, but hey, I'll take what I can get!) and for dessert- CUPCAKES!
Not the most flattering picture of me, but it was 6AM and I was in my princess gear!
5) The five in this countdown is for High-5! Cameron has learned to give high-5s! He's also learning to clap, though he's less consistent with that one, and he loves it when I sing silly songs and play with him. We've been working on waving too, but if you stand too close to him while waving, he turns it into... a high-5!
So this is one of my favorite pictures! It was our Easter photo shoot (in the outfit I made for him) and he kept trying to wave to the camera... I think he wanted the camera to go bye-bye, but he's got a lot to learn because that isn't going to happen any time soon!
4) Four describes the number of BIG events that happened in April for Cameron! His daddy's birthday was April 3, Easter was April 24, the Royal Wedding was April 29, which happened to coincide with Mommy's birthday weekend kick-off! (Hey, if I have to share my wedding with the Royals, I'm going to make my event just as big as theirs!)
3) This is the number of months until Cameron's first birthday! I can't believe it! I still feel like he's maybe 4 or 5 months old sometimes... then he'll start crawling around the room and I get a reality check.
I see my birthday! It's just right around the corner!
2) This is the number of good naps Cameron is now taking! I can't believe I finally got to type that sentence! Yes, you read that right- I said "good naps"! For the longest time he would only sleep for 20 minutes at a time, and try as I might, I couldn't get him to sleep longer than that. Then it stretched to 30 minutes. Then we stalled out. Then he stopped sleeping at all!!! Finally I got him to sleep in his jogging stroller, but they were still short naps. I've now transitioned him to sleeping in his jogging stroller in his room, and that has helped. Or maybe it's all the exercise he's getting from crawling that's doing it. I don't really care what the magic is, as long as it's working! And it is!
Getting good exercise...
And passing out!
1) Until recently, Cameron had only ridden in one car ever! We have been driving around in Ryan's car, while we shopped for a new car for me (a car seat wouldn't fit safely in my old car). Almost 9 months later, we finally got it! It's a 2011 Honda Pilot, and I must say, I am loving the satellite radio! I didn't think I would care that much, but that's kind of stupid considering how much I hate talking on the radio! I'm particularly fond of Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville radio. It's PERFECT for summer!
I have a lot to catch up on, so I'll try to post another update soon!