background

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Just Do It

I have been dreading this moment for a while now.  I know I haven't updated in a while.  A LONG while actually.  And I have so many things to catch you up on that I'm not even really sure where to begin.  I attempted to make an outline (list) of what I needed to update, thinking that would make me feel organized, and it would break things up into manageable chunks... ummm.. no.  If anything the task suddenly became more daunting and overwhelming.  So, taking a page out of Nike's playbook, I'm going to Just Do It. 
So let's start with Cameron's birthday, way back in old August, shall we?

You probably remember ole "Project 365", right?  Well we did it!  I wanted to use the pictures to make this "1", but we had too many pictures!  So I had to narrow it down... A LOT!  I will be making an album out of Project 365 pictures, but more on that later.  For now, this was up at the party to show how much he's grown.

The drinks... Lemonade, iced tea, water, and Mojitos!  What?  Mojitos don't belong at a 1 year old's birthday party?  Well not to worry- the beer was outside in the barrel.

Cameron's birthday presents!  (Minus the baby- that was actually his newest cousin who was born in July).

The front table with the "Wishes for Cameron" cards.  This was by far my favorite part of his party.  I had cards out for everyone to complete with "wishes" for his future.  They are at the end of this post, and some of them are just a riot!

Cards for the wishes.

And my 2nd favorite part of the party:  the food! 

So I had this cute little high chair bunting, but as you can see, it didn't even last long enough for me to get my camera out.  Oh well.  You can tell that it's cute, at least!

Oh another favorite!  This is the "photo booth" complete with props, like big kissy lips, moustaches, glasses, and other assorted fun things.  This is Paw Paw and Uncle Alex (my father and brother).

And this would be Uncle Andrew (my other brother).

Uncle Russ (Ryan's brother), Aunt Mikka, and the newest cousin, baby Britton.

Our friends, the Nelsons.  Little Cora is about 3 months younger than Cameron, so by the time I get this blog posted it will almost be HER birthday!  Haha!

Cousin Katherine (Andrew and Carrie's little girl).

YUMMY cake and cupcakes

And of course the monster got his own cake.  I mean, it's not like we didn't want to eat after him or anything, but we just thought he should get his own.

Uncle Andrew, Aunt Carrie, and Katherine

Uncle Andrew with Mimi, my grandmother.  I didn't realize how much Andrew liked the photobooth until now...

Oh and here are the "wishes".  I just love these!





I don't know why everyone seemed to want him to learn Spanish, but that was a common theme.  Perhaps they are planning on going in together to get him a trip to Spain for his next birthday?  Well he'll need a chaperon, so I guess I'll just "have" to go.  No arm twisting required. 

I'll take a breather here, because we also have the beach trip and Cameron's first day of "school" coming up next.  For most of September, we took turns getting sick, so I don't have a lot of fun updates from that month, but perhaps that is a blessing, given how far behind I already am.  More to come, and I promise I'll update before Christmas.  Haha!

No comments: