background

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Where to begin?

I was pretty sure having a baby would put me behind in the blogging world.  I mean, my track record hasn't exactly been the best anyway.  Throw in a baby who cries often, and will only sleep when being held and I was destined to fail.  But alas, here I am with another quick update. 
Cameron does not have colic!  He has reflux!  I think I said that in the last post, but if there was any doubt let's just kick that out the door right now.  We've been on zantac for a couple of weeks now and he is MUCH better.  We are starting a probiotic though to offset other intestinal distress (sorry, but that's about as delicately as I could put that) so I'm hoping between those two things our baby will really be the happiest baby on the block soon enough.  For now though, he's doing pretty darn good. 
Long stretches of sleep during the night still evade us.  But last night we did get 5 hours in a row, so for that I am eternally thankful.  No, seriously.  So.  Very.  Thankful.  The cumulative effects of sleep deprivation are starting to get to me.  I read somewhere (though I can't remember where- you'll soon realize how very ironic that is) that "mommy brain" or massive memory loss are the biggest effects of sleep deprivation.  I'm pretty sure I can back that claim up.  I often start doing something, walk out of the room because of some distraction, and come back DAYS later to find that I never finished that little task.  My poor husband has even fallen victim to this phenomenon.  He actually put sorbet in the refrigerator instead of the freezer the other day.  I discovered the melted mess the next morning when it was too late to salvage it.  And we do NOT waste desserts in this house, so it was long-gone at that point. 

I feel like I had a point to this post when I started it, but alas, it escapes me (insert mommy brain comment here).  So I'll quit rambling and give you what you really came here for anyway...
PICTURES!!

He really really REALLY hated that hat.  But he faked it for a few pictures for my benefit.


Our first family photo!

I spent a lot of time making faces at him in an attempt to get him to smile...  so far, no luck.


I just love this one.  I don't know if it's his super blue eyes, or how he's just cuddled up to his monkey, but I really like it.  Really Really like it.

This smile came only when we told him it was over and we wouldn't take any more pictures.  Luckily, Amber was ready to capture the ONLY smiling moment we had.





Those were from the session we did with Amber Price.  If you haven't checked out her site, well, you're crazy.  Do it.  http://www.amberpricephotography.blogspot.com/

One of my best friends in the universe came to visit us and meet Cameron, and I attempted to do the impossible:  group picture!  Her kids are the cute blonde ones.  Mine is the beet-red kid that is screaming as if he's being attacked by fiery hot pokers.  I swear we were not torturing him in the least.

Later, all that crying wore him out, so he took a nap in the Moses basket by the back door.  Fresh air works wonders on this kid.  After the morning we'd had, Bella had to come see what actually managed to quiet down the noisemaker.

You know how people always tell you to "sleep when the baby sleeps"?  Well, easier said than done my friends.  This is one of those rare moments when I actually got to do just that.


My mom is coming to stay with us for a few days, so perhaps I'll have a moment to do a more insightful post while she's here.  Or perhaps I'll just sleep.  We'll just have to see.

No comments: