background

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Miscellaneous update that lacks a creative title...

Well last week my mom came to offer a bit of relief to the sleep-deprived new parents.  We were SO glad to have the help (and an extra set of hands!)  She was dying to get her hands on her new grandson, so it worked out quite nicely.  She even "babysat" (can you still call it that when it's grandma time?) so we could go to dinner... twice!  So we did have our first post baby date night.  I kept joking with Ryan that for our  first night out, I just wanted to check into a hotel for a few hours and sleep.  But he talked me into actually going out to dinner.  In the meantime, here's what C was up to with his Lee-Lee...



I'm not sure what they were talking about, but he seemed to enjoy it.  (Coupon girls, take note of my GIANT pink binder on the table behind them... that is my final couponing system, and I LOVE it!)



I'm pretty sure she was trying to tell him that he should be an Auburn fan.  Now he was only 5 weeks old, but you can tell by his face that he already knows that is NOT the way to get on mom's good side.  (Although Georgia is not giving us a lot to cheer about this season so far.)


Once Lee-Lee left us, it was back to our old routine, which includes mommy and me push-ups.  Frankly, we both hate them, but Cameron manages to look much cuter than I do while doing them. And yes, this means I cheated- I had to stop my push-ups to take this sweet picture.   

Look how strong I am!

I also ordered a book from my bookclub (it's not a real book club, but I call it that because I don't know what else to call it.  It's http://www.paperbackswap.com/.  You should check it out!  It's a great way to trade the books you are finished with.  Best of all, it's free!  But I digress...)  My book was on baby sign language...

This was NOT exactly the first sign I was hoping he would learn.  But I guess it would make him a baby genius, considering we just got the book that very same day he "learned" this little hand gesture.


And lastly, I could not let this go without being documented.  I'm pretty sure this is the last game C will be able to wear this onesie.  He's outgrown all of his other newborn sizes, and really, I had to force this one because I love the onesie so much.  It hasn't exactly brought the Dawgs good luck, so maybe it's a good thing that we're retiring this one.  No worries though- I have 3 other Georgia onesies on deck in the 0-3 month sizes.  Hopefully they will bring about better luck than this one.




No comments: