background

Monday, August 30, 2010

Project 365 and First Day on the New Job

For those who know me well, you all know how much I love taking pictures.  I wouldn't say I'm great at it in an artistic fashion, but I definitely am good about brining my camera everywhere, and forcing people to pose for pictures so that I can capture every moment.  That was the start of my other hobby, scrapbooking.  Well with a new baby, as you can only imagine, this love/obsession/hobby of mine has taken off in a ridiculous fashion.  Seriously- we've filled multiple memory cards with pictures, and the kid isn't even 2 weeks old yet!  I know first time parents go bonkers with pictures, and we are no exception.  I just think it's been magnified by my existing love of capturing "the moment".  So, I could bore you to tears with the thousands of pictures we've already taken, or I could introduce you to my streamlined project- Project 365.  My goal here is to take a picture of Cameron every day for the entire first year of his life.  I have no doubt I can squash this goal.  Everyone keeps telling me "they grow up so fast" and "they change SO much in the first year".  So my plan is to capture it.  All of it.  And when I get a spare moment to scrapbook again, I'll have plenty of material to work with.  So here's what we have so far for the project:

August 17- Happy Birthday Baby Cameron!

August 18- Sweet sleepy baby faces

August 19- Getting ready to go home.  (Mom has seen better days, but you're as cute as can be).


August 20- Our first day at home.  Mom's snapping pictures while you and dad are wondering what to do next.

August 21- Aunt Carrie and Uncle Andrew came to meet you.

August 22- Mom's favorite picture.  I'd like to believe you're actually smiling, but in truth, it's probably just horrible gas.

August 23- This is exactly how your dad slept as a baby. 

August 24- Happy one week!

August 25- Sound asleep on Dad's chest

August 26- This is one of mom's favorite sleepy faces.  It's in the middle of a series, so it's hard to capture on film unless you shoot in papparazzi mode.

August 27-  This is the day your belly button stump fell off.  It fell off while dad was out getting dinner.  He came home to mom crying in the rocking chair because your belly button fell off and he missed it. 

August 28-  Your Grammy came to visit you today.  She met you in the hospital, but there were about 30 people in the room, so she didn't get any good one-on-one time with you. 

August 29-  Today was your due date!  Dad got a cake and we celebrated (yes there's a picture of that too, but this one seemed a better choice.)  This picture is you getting your first bath.  Now that your belly button is mostly gone, it was safe to hose you down! 


In other news, Ryan went back to work today so it's my first full day alone with Mr. Cameron.  And yes, I'm absolutely terrified.  It's not technically my first day being a mom, of course, but it's my first day doing it all alone.  So I do feel like it's a new job where I don't know what I'm doing.  Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Lorri said...

I have no doubt that you will do great! Just sit and love on him. Happy first day!